How do I recover found or held property?

The release of property is coordinated with the Siskiyou County District Attorney's Office and the Yreka Police Department Investigations Division. 

When a case is being adjudicated, all property associated with it is held as evidence. Once the Trial has been completed, the property is returned to the owner. If the property is not claimed, it is prepared for auction or destroyed. Any found property not claimed within 90 days is also prepared for auction. Only those items that can be legally released are auctioned. 

Property Release

Property is released by appointment only, during business hours.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get a no parking sign installed?
2. If I don't show up in traffic court, what happens?
3. I lost my copy of a "fix-it" ticket. How do I get another copy?
4. How can I pay for a parking ticket, or file an appeal on one?
5. How do I register a gun?
6. How can I find out if someone is in jail?
7. I was arrested, but wasn't given a court appearance date. How do I find out if / when I need to go to court?
8. Can I find out if someone has a restraining order against them?
9. Someone violated a restraining order, but wasn't arrested. Why?
10. Can I post a "No Parking" or "No Trespassing" or "No Skateboarding" sign on my property?
11. How do I recover found or held property?
12. How can I get a restraining order?